Sunday, May 08, 2011

7 Ways.

So I'm going to outline my plans and goals for this new healthy lifestyle. I found this website as I was googling and following links and ended up on a site called 'zenhabits', I again, followed a few links and found '7 ways to build the exercise habit' which looked like a good idea. So that is what I am going to do. Except for number 6 which is to find someone to exercise with. I think for the most part, I'm better exercising alone. I'm very competitive so always want to do better than my 'partner', and I tend to rub it in a little bit if I am better, and sulk if I'm not. I do compete against people that don't realise they're competing though. When I was swimming, I kept racing people even though they didn't know. It helped me push myself a little further though so that'll do.
Aaaaanyways, my 7 ways start with:

  1. Set Your Goal: My ultimate goal is to get a body similar to the one that I had when I had before the kids. Ive been told that my body has changed etc. etc. but that doesn't mean that i cant lose the weight and tone up.
    A more short term goal for me is to drop at least 2 dress sizes. I'm currently a size 16, so a size 12 and under would be awesome. I plan to do this in a healthy way though, using an improved diet and exercise. Never been on an actual diet in my life and I'm not about to start now.
  2. Set A Deadline: This is a difficult one. I don't have a deadline as such because I plan on this being a lifelong thing. But I guess if we're talking dress sizes, Id like to say by my birthday which is the 2nd of July.
  3. Make A Plan: Well, my plan is as Ive said earlier, healthy eating and exercise. So far I have been cycling a lot and that's pretty much it. My plan is to up the cycling, do more interval training and more distance work. I also want to start doing different types of exercise, more swimming and yoga and also start going to the gym again.
    As for the eating, I need to do some research into the right types of foods Ill need for the type of exercise and weight loss plan that I'm doing. I know whats healthy of course but I'm sure there's a better way of doing it.
  4. Exercise First Thing In The Morning: This is a difficult one. As the kids get up so flaming early as it is, it'd be hard to drag myself up any earlier. It would be nice to get a little yoga in before I get going though. Ill have a think about this one!
  5. Stick To Your Plan: This is going to be my most difficult step to carry out. I'm loving the cycling and the exercise but I know I'm easily distracted. I will need support and encouragement and would appreciate anyone reminding me why I'm doing this!
  6. Train With Someone Who Has The Exercise Habit: Yeah, like I said earlier, this one isn't applicable to me. I haven't found anyone that has the same sort of competitive spirit as I do so would be a waste of time trying.
  7. Be Confident: Apparently it takes 30 days to build the exercise habit. And if I had a regular week then maybe this would be true, but I feel that Ive picked up the habit already. I'm always itching (not literally) to get out on the bike whenever I have a free day. I feel my attitude has changed this time, like I'm actually going to do this. Basically, I'm fed up of being fat and unhealthy.
Bring it on.

3 comments:

Spangila said...

Good luck! I'm with you all the way

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty good plan!

I know you can do it, I believe in you! x

Steph said...

Thank you both. It does help to know that I have support! x