Friday, May 06, 2011

Tirrrrred.

I'm kind of knackered today, I'm putting my despondent mood down to that. Aside from my current mood, Ive had a fairly good day.
Dropped all the kids off at school, and they were getting picked up by someone else so I had a free day (until 3:30ish anyways). I decided to take myself off for breakfast, (which did happen to be a fry-up but it is Fryday ... *watches tumbleweed*) and then swimming. I had considered a yoga class as I have found out that there is one near me that runs open classes on a Friday morning, but I decided that I should get a little more fit and flexible before I attempt a class. But its good to know its there.
So, I defuzzed, wrestled my swimming costume on and cycled down to the baths, 1.63 miles apparently, according to Cyclemeter it took me and hour and 25 minutes but that was actually coz I forgot to hit stop, it really doesn't take me that long! So the water was a little cold but that spurred me on to get moving. Felt a bit of a twat stretching but Id rather that than pull a muscle again, the amount of times Ive pulled my adductors (one of them anyways!) whilst swimming is ridiculous. It was in between school kid time so was pretty quiet. Ended up swimming 34 lengths of the 25m pool, which Ive worked out to be just over half a mile. I was pretty impressed with myself. And it was hard! I always think of swimming as an easy thing, but a couple of times I was actually out of breath and my heart rate was up to 138 at one point, this is clearly something that I want to improve on.
Quick cuppa after I was done, then cycled home. I took the 'scenic' route which was basically 1 1/2 miles out of my way to make the route longer, ended up doing 3.07 miles, so about 4.7 miles altogether.
Not bad going considering a few weeks ago I was doing bugger all.
So yeah, that was my exercise for the day. I had planned on cycling a little further but tbh, I was tired! Apparently I've burned around 600 calories today so I think I've done enough.
Yoga tomorrow, a few rounds of sun salutation until my muscles burn should be enough for a 'rest' day.

No comments: