Thursday, June 09, 2011

Measurements: Week 4

  • Bust - 37 inches
  • Waist - 37 inches
  • Hips - 40.5 inches
  • Thigh - 25 inches
I have to say, I'm not very happy about this. Yes Ive lost inches and that's great, but Ive also put on half an inch around my waist. This, I think, will give me huge push to get the diet side of this going properly. I have half-heartedly tried to eat better, but Ive come up with excuse after excuse why I haven't been. No time to shop, not enough money, no time to cook properly etc. How long does it take to make a salad ffs? Or a veg stir fry? I am my own worst enemy when it comes to things like this. I have an excuse for everything.
What I'm trying to do now, wait - not trying - what I will do from now on is to meal plan. Ive always tried to do it for a whole week and I fail after day 2 because I haven't got the right ingredients or whatever. What Ive done, and will do, is to meal plan for two to three days in advance. Using food I already have, or main parts that I have, and getting the little bits each morning. Its not like I don't walk past the Iceland, the Co-op and the fruit and veg shop every damn day! So there is my next step. Meal plan, and hit the diet side hard. I want to lose weight, not redistribute it to the area where I want it the least!
The exercise side is going pretty well. Ive been to the gym a few times since I last posted. Time before last I had to up my lat pulldown reps to 3 x 12, pulling 25kg (I think, it may be 32kg). And my leg press weights have now gone up to 52kg, I guess my lower body strength is much more than my upper body! But also my legs are used to carrying round an extra few stone an all. Unfortunately I haven't been out on my bike for a few weeks. I'm hoping to remedy that this weekend. I love the gym and I really enjoy going but I have to keep it mixed up. And I have my roller boots, that I forget I own. I got them for Christmas and haven't been out once yet. I think if I get out this weekend, or in the week for that matter, I'm going to take my skates with me and stop off for ten minutes in a nice secluded area! Until I get the hang of them again, there's no way I'm going out in public!
There, plan 2. I'm going to leave it at that. We all know how much I hate organising so don't want to frighten myself by having too many plans in place at once!
Overall, I'm quite pleased with my progress but I now know that I have a lot more to push for, I know I was taking this slowly, but any more slowly and Ill start to go backwards! I do have an idea why my waist measurement is high, and I hope it is that, I wont go into detail of course, just keep my fingers crossed!
So, that's my week. Nothing too exciting done. But I know what I have to work on. Looks like this blog was a good idea, at least for me!

3 comments:

Spangila said...

Keep going hun, you are doing great. I suppose the most important thing is you want to get healthy and that is half the battle xx

Steph said...

Thankyou so much. I do indeed want to do this for health reasons, I just wish the healthy weight loss would happen a bit sooner! xx

Anonymous said...

Very well done again, Steph! The waist measurement, if i'm what i'm thinking it is then don't beat yourself up too much about it. It's a natural reaction, so there's nothing you can do anyway.

How much work are you doing, cardio-wise? Maybe try to increase that, subtly over your next few gym visits. Get your lungs burning and your heart beating, and you should see more weight drop off. I've only been doing cardio, before progressing to toning up, as i want to get rid of the weight first, instead of toning up the fat i already have and still being large (and probably heavier, muscle weighs more than fat after-all!)
Either way, you know how much i believe in you. You're doing great, keep it up! xx